I really like this, although this is too saucy. I never used to like cauliflower and broccoli but I think I would rate them among my favourite vegetables. Especially when it is smothered in cheesy sauce.
Yes that is a baked sweet potato on the counter.
- 1 pint of milk (half my 2pinter) 50p
- 300g cheddar cheese (more if you’re me) £1.50 (estimated cost)
- 75g flour 2p
- 50g butter 20p
- Salt, Pepper (2p)
- Boil cauliflower for a couple of minutes add broccoli boil for another minute. Don’t overdo it otherwise it will become sloppy, don’t forget it is going in the oven too.
- Melt butter, gradually stir in flour over a low heat cooking it out. Posh people call it a roux.
- You are meant to warm the milk but I never have, gradually add it to the roux and stir it in. Add half of the cheese, allow it to melt and stir it in.
- Put veg in a dish and cover with the cheese sauce. Grate over remaining cheese.
- Put in a hot oven for 15 minutes or so.
I tend to have it as a side dish but I know my side portions are most people’s main meal. I got 4 portions out of that huge dish.
- Garlic Bread
- Jacket Potato/Sweet Potato
Washing up: A bit horrible on that oven dish in truth. Cheesy things need cleaning properly and can stick if burnt.
Slimming World: Nope, not for you.