Not a picture for the vegetarians.
- Whole chicken
- Sage and Onion Stuffing mix
- Salt and Pepper
- Stuff a small chicken with sage and onion stuffing mix, cooked mushrooms and thyme.
- Put some butter on the chicken to keep it moist.
- Personally I wouldn’t wrap it in bacon again, that works better for small breasts of chicken cooked more quickly.
- Put chicken in low oven for ages (depends on size of chicken, google it).
- Use meat for sandwiches for the next few days as well as dinner that night.
- Use the carcass for stock it tastes really good!
Price: Can’t be bothered to work this out at the moment. Not too bad though because you get loads of meat for your money this way. The expense of a roast dinner can increase though: gravy, veggies, potatoes it all adds up.
Slimming World: Forget the butter, take the skin off and make your own stuffing with the bread allowance and some herbs and you can make it more or less syn free. You boring fart.
Washing Up: The chicken is all cooked in that one dish. It is a bit greasy but not much burning is possible unless you spill the stuffing